Welcome to your PFA (Parent & Friends Association)
The members of your new PFA, elected at the AGM held on Monday 4th November 2019 are:
Chairperson: Mrs Trisha Cherkas
Vice Chairman: Vacant
Treasurer: Mrs Michelle Bryan
Secretary: Mrs Chantelle Matthews
We would love to hear your ideas and everyone is welcome to come to the next PFA meeting which is on Friday 10th January, 7pm at the Ale House in Ramsey. Please do feel free to come down and say hello!
We are excited about introducing new Committee Member roles and they will be discussed at the meeting. The new specified roles include:
- Tuck Shop Leaders - 2 positions
- Organise rota if necessary
- Arrange and set up table with helpers
- Tidy and clear it away in the shed after event with helpers
- Pass takings to the chairman or treasurer
- Be responsible for having a suitable cash float
- Ask for helpers if required
- Help with the shopping for Tuck Shop
- Suggest new and innovative ideas for the tuck shop
- Community & Business Liaison/Promoter
- Suitable for someone who knows everyone! ;-)
- Maintaining a friendly relationship with businesses
- Sharing events on all social media from our groups/pages/Instagram (yet to be created)
- Sharing posters at shops and notice boards around Ramsey
- Ascertain information on how we can advertise on local media i.e. radio, newsletters, newspapers, local journals
- Finding out what ways work best and at the lowest cost for our events.
- Making suggestions on new ways to promote our events
- Designing our posters and leaflets for all events
- Liaising with event planner and Chairman
- Arranging for printing and passing to relevant person(s)
- Social Media Assistant
- Assisting Chairman to create and maintain accounts on FB and Instagram
b.Assisting to create posts
If you would like to put yourself forward for any of these roles, you can do so at the next PFA meeting or by contacting Trisha Cherkas on 07872 142 505.
The 2019 Christmas events were very successful and we raised over £800. This will be used to benefit the school and further details will follow shortly.
Friday 6th March - non-uniform day in return for a donation of an Easter Egg (big or small, all donations are much appreciated) for our fundraiser event, the Easter Bunny Hunt.
Summer Fair '19
Today’s the day... our summer fair day has finally arrived! The weather is amazing and the school is bustling with people of all ages. Everyone busying themselves at the games and activities - bouncy castles, tractor, police car, fire engines, hook-a-duck, pop-a-balloon and many more!